A Common Creative: Veronika from By the Shore | The Common Creative: A Common Creative: Veronika from By the Shore

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Common Creative: Veronika from By the Shore

We are very excited to have a fellow blogger come join us today! Veronika runs a fashion and lifestyle blog, By the Shore, from her home near Vancouver here on the west coast. Kristen was actually the one to introduce me to her blog, but we've both been reading and following along for a few years now. Veronika is seriously inspiring. She has an impeccable, timeless style. And she is fearless when it comes to trying new ideas and putting forth new business ventures. Not only does she run a full time blog, she also owns an online jewelry and accessory shop, creates blog templates for her Etsy shop and shoots photos for clients! This is one busy lady, but we are so thankful that she was able to take some time out of her day to chat. So without further ado, here's Veronika!
How did you get into blogging?
Honestly?! On a total whim. I stumbled on a few bloggers. Kendi Everyday, Selective Potential, Orchid Grey and Jen Loves Kev and I was totally hooked as well as inspired. So naturally, I decided to jump on the band wagon and I'm so happy I did. I feel so fortunate to have worked with amazing brands, travel for conferences, appear in magazines, and to have met so many of the bloggers I admire. This community is without a doubt my absolute favourite!
What is the best part about running your own business?
Knowing I have full creative control and the freedom to change something if I'm not happy. Definitely awesome and incredibly liberating!!
Where do you find inspiration for your posts?
Either from my favourite bloggers, my own brainstorming sessions... or I love to draw on a few of my favourite magazines. The last one is probably my favourite - such a wealth of ideas! Honestly, try it! You'll be amazed to see what you come up with!
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in your blogging journey so far?
Be yourself, blog about what you love and don't sweat the small stuff. Blogging isn't about being perfect, it's about being real and building a community with like minded people!
Can you name your greatest success?
In blogging, I had the opportunity to do a collaboration with Selective Potential and Modcloth it was such a huge honour and something I look back on fondly! I also feel pretty darn thankful I can make a living doing what I love. Granted, there is struggle in having your own business, but I'm darn proud of being able to make it work. Also, my husband is without a doubt my biggest cheerleader!!
What is your favourite thing about the blogging community?
The creativity... getting to see personal style, gorgeous photography... oh my goodness, gets me totally revved up! Oh and definitely the friendships. I have been soooo lucky to find true, kindred spirits through this community. Such a blessing!!
What does a day in your life look like?
Each day is a little different. But generally, I'm up at 6am and working shortly there after. I typically work until about 7pm. I start my day with blogging, creating content for sponsors & clients, emailing plus updating my social media portals. Then I'll work on design work for clients, edit photos for clients or pop out for a quick meeting. I work from a home office or my favourite coffee shop. Always nice to add a little variety to my day!
How do you keep your creative mind going? What do you do to rejuvenate?
When I need to rejuvenate...I take a day off and shut it all down. No social media and no computer. I typically head into nature, walk, take photos, stop off for yummy food and then meet friends for drinks in the evening. Also, there's nothing like quiet time with my husband... he knows the way to my soul! 
What advice do you have for new businesses starting out?
Write out a business plan. I know it sounds a little boring, but it's a must! It's so important to know where you're going and the steps you'll need to take to get there. Also, meeting with a business coach is a fabulous way to tweak your plan and make sure you're starting off on the strongest foot possible!
Ok, that's a wrap. Thank you so much for reading my interview everyone!! Hope you enjoyed it and I'd absolutely love to meet you... be sure to pop by my blog, By The Shore and say hello! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...