Cheers! : Raspberry Basil Mojito | The Common Creative: Cheers! : Raspberry Basil Mojito

Monday, May 12, 2014

Cheers! : Raspberry Basil Mojito

I think that if I had to pick two of my favourite flavours, they would be basil and lime. Oh how I love basil. Warmer weather immediately prompts me to buy fresh herbs, and basil is always first on my list! It's a recent thing, but I've found it really quite versatile. And lime, lime is good all year round. On tacos, in water, squeezed on corn, in salad dressing... the list goes on! 

When I saw this recipe on A Beautiful Mess blog for a basil raspberry mojito, I knew I had to try it! Basil and lime (and mint! That's third on the favourite flavours list) are a perfect match. It was really tasty. I made mini versions for a night with some friends. 

Try it out and let me know what you think, it would be great as a mocktail too, a lovely little basil raspberry lime soda!


I did a nice little painted honey rim, and then rolled the glass in a mix of granulated and raw sugar. I can do without the extra sweetness. Straws remedy that, and the glass still looks really nice!



I pretty much used their exact recipe, just changed the amounts. Probably about half the recipe for this 6 ounce glass. 


I'd recommend trying these tasty beverages, with or without a party!



Happy Monday! Any beverage recipes you're trying lately?

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...