The Amateur Foodie: Farmers' Market Salad | The Common Creative: The Amateur Foodie: Farmers' Market Salad

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Amateur Foodie: Farmers' Market Salad

Sometimes, I really do crave a salad. Sure, I like a good hearty burger sometimes, or a nice steak, but with spring coming (finally), I wanted to create a healthy, hearty salad.

A reminder, I'm an amateur foodie. This isn't a hard recipe! But sometimes, when I really don't think I can cook, I watch Kitchen Nightmares. Have you seen that show? Yikes, some people. Really makes me crave fresh food! I stopped by the Farmer's Market in the morning, and came home to made a nice fresh salad. Here's how I did it. 

First, I roasted some chickpeas. I started with a blend of curry powder, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder. I sprinkled that blend over rinsed, shelled chickpeas with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. 


Roasted for 40 minutes at 350F, they came out nice and crispy. 


To create the salad, I started with some really nice greens from Floating Gardens. So fresh!


Added a hard-boiled egg. 


Topped it with some sweet cherry tomatoes. 



Sprinkled some goat cheese. 



My dressing is a nice combination of a bit of extra virgin olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, some black currant ginger juice from Just Ginger, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

I have grown to make all my salad dressings. Honestly, we don't go through a dressing bottle fast enough in our house, and there's often gluten in salad dressings, which I can't have. It's easier, fresh every time, and way tastier!


And here's the final product! So tasty!



Farmer's Market Salad
- a nice big helping of greens
- 1/3 curry roasted chickpeas
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg
- a scant 1/4 goat cheese
- Black Currant Ginger Vinaigrette 


Have you tried any new recipes this week? If you need inspiration, head to the farmers' market. You won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...