New Years Cake? | The Common Creative: New Years Cake?

Friday, January 30, 2015

New Years Cake?

January is always a funny month. Working in coffee, I see the classic New Years' patterns. Pastries are avoided for the first week after the New Year is rung in, sugar is cut back, people switch from large lattes to black coffee... it's a little predictable. I like to be a little unpredictable. Making decadent chocolate cake in January is how I start new habits!

My husband got me a wonderful cookbook for Christmas: Flourless by Nicole Spiridakas. I have been eating gluten free for almost one year (since finding out I am celiac), and Jordon has been very gracious in eating all sorts of gluten-free fails (and successes). This book has a neat philosophy that goes against trying to make all desserts taste 'normal' by replacing them with gluten free flours. This book is all about keeping it simple, natural, and delicious. It uses lots of nut and seed flours, and who doesn't love almonds and pistachios, really? 

This pear chocolate cake is a delicious, moist, and beautiful dessert. Check out the full post on the Farminista Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...